This is my favorite carrier! I started using my first Kozy in February
of 2004 when my daughter was four months old. My husband and I used it
for hours a day for over a year, and well past her third birthday. With
my son, I got another Kozy and used it right from birth and loved it
If you only buy one baby carrier, I think a mei tai is the best option,
and the Kozy is my favorite! It can be used from birth until the child
no longer needs to be worn.
Reasons I especially love the Kozy:
- The unpadded panel is generous and pliable, giving you privacy for
hands free nursing anywhere, and plenty of room for older/bigger kids.
- The straps are just the right length. Other mei tais I've
tried have too-long shoulder straps that are more difficult maneuver.
- Packability. The only padding is in the shoulder straps and
VERY light padding at the top of the panel - I wouldn't even count it.
This carrier packs down very small, so it's easy to bring along just in
case. It also is easy to tie around your waist when not in use.
- The little strap pocket! At the end of one of the waist
straps, there are two little pockets. They're perfect for a few credit
cards or library cards, a cell phone, a pacifier, an iPod, etc.
- It's great for husbands and grandparents. I usually help
people the first few times they use the Kozy with my baby, but they all
really like how it feels and my babies have loved being worn by
everyone who has tried!